Encouraging dialogue between students, staff and the permanent residents of Falmouth, Penryn, Mabe and the surrounding areas
We have developed several initiatives to encourage positive dialogue and interaction between students, employees and other permanent residents, including:
- A telephone neighbourhood helpline for you to call with any queries or concerns (01326 370737). This helpline is responded to 24/7. There is also an email address to post your queries and concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an acknowledgement within one working day. The issues raised are then investigated and monitored on a regular basis to inform the future development of this Community Engagement Strategy.
- A Town & Gown Committee comprising representatives from the universities and Falmouth Marine School as well as the town councils of Falmouth and Penryn, Cornwall Council and Mabe Parish Council to promote the benefits of living in university towns and identify solutions to university-related impacts on the wider community.
- Regular contact with parish and town councillors and our local MPs, as well as attending consultative community committees such as the Falmouth Town Forum and business organisations such as the Falmouth Business Improvement District to share the latest news about university-related developments and contribute expertise to the economic regeneration of our local towns.
- A register of local groups and forums that we are represented on so that further opportunities for community engagement can be identified .
- Continuing attendance and participation in local community events such as Falmouth’s Spring Garden Festival, Penryn’s Arts Alive event, and Falmouth and Penryn’s Remembrance Day commemorations – to foster and enhance our relationships with local groups.
- Displaying information and holding events about the future development of the Penryn Campus so that you can ask questions about our planned growth.
- Regular contact with local police, Cornwall Council and other relevant agencies so that we can deal swiftly and effectively with any issues that arise.