Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get help in an emergency?

Emergency Health Care

If you have a physical injury or are experiencing severe symptoms such as fever, pain, vomiting, bleeding, shortness of breath, or have taken an overdose, you should go to the nearest Emergency Department in Truro:
Royal Cornwall Hospital (RCH), Treliske, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3LQ


You can call Glasney Lodge on 01326 253503 (3503 from internal phones at Glasney) or Campus Security on 07768557779 if you need help from campus staff or want them to call you an ambulance.


If you are off campus call 999 for an ambulance.

Urgent Mental Health

If you are feeling suicidal or have or urgent mental health needs please seek immediate help.

Go to the local A&E department, if you can’t get there, call 999 and ask for an ambulance.

If you need some support right now, but don’t want to go to A&E, contact the Samaritans on freephone 116 123, they’re open 24 hours and are there to listen. You can also email them on

If you are not in immediate need and would like to talk to the Student Support Team then you can contact the service via The Compass on 01326 370460 or email