Frequently Asked Questions

How do I appeal my results?

It is important to understand the difference between an appeal and a complaint, as they are treated separately by the University with different procedures that students are required to follow in each case. If a student is unsure about whether to lodge an appeal or a complaint, they should seek advice from either the Students’ Union or Quality Assurance & Enhancement.

If a student is dissatisfied with the assessment process and/or a decision reached by a formal assessment on their academic work, and/or a decision about them reached through the application of a University policy, procedure or regulation, they should lodge an appeal. Students should follow the formal procedure which is detailed in the Appeals Policy and Appeals Procedure which can be found here:

Further advice can be sought from either the Students’ Union or Quality Assurance & Enhancement or via the Falmouth App at