Table of Contents
- What information is being processed about you
- How and why your information is processed
- How your personal data will be used
The purpose of this notice is to explain how Falmouth Exeter Plus (“FX Plus”) Accommodation Services will collect and process your personal data. This notice also tells you which third parties we may share your personal data with. FX Plus is a data controller and will only process your personal data in accordance with the current data protection legislation. We shall process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR for short), and in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2018) (or DPA for short) The Data Protection Officer for FX Plus is Jonathan Hocking, who can be contacted by:
: 01326 259431
Data Protection Officer
Falmouth Exeter Plus
This notice will be reviewed annually to ensure continued compliance with current data protection legislation and to reflect best practice. By applying for university owned, managed or approved accommodation, you agree to FX Plus processing your personal data (including sensitive personal data), for the purposes and in the manner set out in this notice and for other legitimate purposes connected with the application and offer process and your accommodation agreement.
2. What information is being processed about you
The type of personal data and sensitive personal data we may process about you consists of:
- Your full name and your student number
- Student photograph
- Your home address and your contact details including email and telephone number
- Your date of birth
- Your nationality and your ethnic origin
- Your gender
- Your course name
- Details regarding your guarantor
- Any disability or other medical information that has been provided to FX Plus
3. How and why your information is processed
Your personal data is processed by FX Plus for the purpose of managing your application for accommodation and to fulfil its contractual obligations to you in the
provision of your accommodation. It may also be collected to fulfil legal obligations and/or regulatory duties that it owes to its regulators and to other third parties.
Accommodation Services collects your personal data from the following sources:
- Personal details from the Falmouth University or University of Exeter Student Record System.
- The information contained on your Room Service application form.
- Information provided by you during the application process and whilst a resident in
4. How your personal data will be used
Here are some of the ways we will use your personal data. This list is not exhaustive, but is intended to provide you with an idea of the things that we may need to do, to manage the application and offer process and your provision of accommodation. We will not use your data for any purpose other than those listed and for maintaining your accommodation records and/or protecting your wellbeing.
- Administration of the application and allocation process. Allocations factor personal details to endeavor to meet the preferences and medical needs stated on your application.
- For the purpose of room moves or contract changes to another residence or room type e.g. moving from a shared room to single occupancy.
- Management of the move in process for arrivals. Personal data is used for verification of identity for room keys packs and arrival slots.
- Management of health and safety in halls. The medical information disclosed is processed by Accommodation Services to support your medical needs, including accessibility requirements such as adaptations and personal emergency evacuation
This processing is necessary for:
- The performance of the contract between you and FX Plus for the provision of your accommodation.
- FX Plus’s compliance with any statutory obligations; and/or to protect the interests of the data subject or another person