~ minute read.
November 23, 2021
Falmouth Exeter Plus has scooped five of the ten in this year’s Falmouth University Staff Excellence Awards.
Paula Sanderson, Falmouth Exeter Plus Managing Director, said: “Congratulations to all Falmouth and Falmouth Exeter Plus winners. These awards are a testament to the continued hard work everyone is putting in to ensure students and other campus users receive a top quality service even during a global pandemic. It’s great that so many individuals and teams from Falmouth Exeter Plus have been recognised for their part in this.”
The Falmouth Exeter Plus winners are:
ATS Cleaning Team
- Lauren Bowers – Casual General Assistant: Cleaning
- Melissa Hall – Cleaner
- Liam Jarvis – Cleaner
When the Asymptomatic Testing Site centre was established at Penryn campus, Lauren, Melissa and Liam took on the challenge of ensuring an efficient and effective cleaning operation. This meant changing shifts, undertaking additional training and putting the health and wellbeing of others before their own. For six months, the team worked hard to ensure that students and staff could be tested safely.
Raising Service Standards:
IT Services Customer Service Excellence Team
- Chris Accleton-Pennell – Software Development Engineer
- Natasha Davey – Service Desk Technician
- Gary Egan – Operations Manager (Launchpad)
- Gemma Prisk – Service Excellence Manager
- Mark Rosevear – Platform Engineer
- Emily Stanbury – IT Project Manager
- Lewis Williams – Network Engineer
- Azhlee Wonnacott – Estates Helpdesk Assets & Data Co-ordinator
The IT Services Customer Service Excellence Team was established to embed service excellence across the department, and in May 2021, it was officially accredited as meeting the Cabinet Office backed ‘Customer Service Excellence’ standard. The team has raised the bar on service standards and taken a leap forward in the way it engages customers, helping to create a culture of continual service improvement.
Cornwall Plus Team
- Marc Chadburn – Events Officer
- Debbie Lilly – Sales & Marketing Manager
- Roschen Pharo – Halls Officer (Reception)
- Lorna Sullivan – Head of Operations (Events, Conferences & Summer Accommodation)
- Sam Woods – Senior Operations Manager (Maternity Cover)
Following the implementation of a revised strategy, the Cornwall Plus Team had a record-breaking year in terms of sales – smashing targets to exceed £1m in income over the summer. Improved customer management helped the team to win gold in the Cornwall Tourism Awards’ ‘International’ category, and efficiency savings across the service resulted in a significant increase in the profit margin per room.
Supporting staff and student mental health & wellbeing:
Staff Wellbeing Drop-in Sessions Team (a mix of organisations including our own Becky Nesbitt).
- Tom Ingate – Senior Lecturer: BA Press & Editorial Photography
- Clare Manser – Partnership Wellbeing Programme Lead
- Rebecca Nesbitt – Coordinating Chaplain
A collaboration with the mental health of staff at its heart, the staff wellbeing drop-in sessions were introduced to give staff a safe and friendly place to talk and be part of a community at a time when the pandemic had taken away the possibility of meeting in person. The team organising the sessions responded flexibly to meet the needs of those joining and made attendees feel heard and connected.
Going the Extra Mile:
Security & Night Services Team
- Misbah Abrahamjee – Security Team Supervisor
- Cameron Brown – Night Services Officer
- Nick Brown – Night Services Officer
- Lois Craze – Customer Services Supervisor
- Max Davidson – Night Services Officer
- Richard Eddy – Post Room Officer
- Liam Fairley – Casual Security Officer
- Jess Goulding – Customer Services Manager
- Ellie Grey – Night Services Manager
- Daniel Hawkey – Security Operations Manager
- Eddy Heffer – Campus Patrol Officer – Dedicated Days
- Zoe Jenkins – Deputy Night Services Manager
- Dean Jennison – Night Services Officer
- Kyren Kennedy – Night Services Officer
- Paddy Layland – Security Support Officer
- Stewart Ledbury – Campus Patrol Officer
- James Lowe – Deputy Night Services Manager
- Lee Mitchell – Night Services Officer
- Stephen Newton – Night Services Officer
- Helen Olver – Night Services Officer
- Tom Pascoe – Campus Patrol Officer
- Claudio Pavan – Security Support Officer
- Graham Phillips – Night Services Officer
- Ryan Pill – Campus Patrol Officer
- Nick Richards – Night Services Officer
- Stephen Templeton – Campus Patrol Officer – Dedicated Days
- Carl White – Night Services Officer
The Security & Night Services Teams continued to support the campus operation during the pandemic and worked together under challenging circumstances to ensure the safety and security of campus users in line with Government guidelines. The teams also took on a range of additional duties to ensure that everything ran smoothly, including assisting the Estates team and delivering post and IT equipment to staff who were working from home.