Table of Contents
- How accessible this website is
- Feedback and contact information
- Reporting accessibility problems with this website
- Enforcement procedure
- Technical information about this website’s accessibility
- Compliance Status
- Non-accessible content
- Disproportionate burden
- Third-party content
- Preparation of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement applies to the pages of Compass Online that are accessible to students. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. Please also see our Assistive technology overview to find out more about the accessibility features in different programs, apps and devices.
2. How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
• Poor colour contrast between the foreground and background where the user’s name is displayed.
• Some areas of the web application could be difficult to navigate when using the keyboard.
• Some possible issues when using a screen reader with the My Activity tab of the My Profile screen
3. Feedback and contact information
Please contact us using our webform if you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille. You will get a confirmation within five working days that your form has been received and a full response within 20 working days.
4. Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us using our webform. You will get a confirmation within five working days that your form has been received and a full response within 20 working days.
5. Enforcement procedure
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
6. Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Falmouth Exeter Plus is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
7. Compliance Status
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- Poor colour contrast between the foreground and background where the user’s name is displayed.
- Some areas of the web application could be difficult to navigate when using the keyboard.
- Some possible issues when using a screen reader with the My Activity tab of the My Profile screen
8. Non-accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Poor colour contrast between the background and foreground of specific elements such as the heading of every page (WCAG Level AA 1.4.3)
- Unable to bypass blocks in the login screen (WCAG Level A 2.4.1)
- Ensures elements with an ARIA role that require parent roles are contained by them (WCAG Level A 1.3.1) on certain pages within the users profile
The Compass Online web application is developed by a third-party supplier. Outstanding issues will be raised with them for amendment in future releases.
9. Disproportionate burden
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
This section covers issues that we do not need to fix right now. The law calls these exemptions. There is nothing that falls within this category at present.
10. Third-party content
Our website contains third-party content. We do not have control over and are not responsible for the accessibility of this content, but we make best endeavours to work with the third party to improve its accessibility. This may include:
- Links to external websites
- Content/functionality on our website
- Files provided by a third party which are uploaded to the system
11. Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 29 October 2020. It was last reviewed on 15 September 2022.
This website was last tested on 14 January 2022. Falmouth Exeter Plus carried out the test.
All student facing functionality on Compass Online was tested.