This statement covers the service offered by FX Plus Student & Library Services to Falmouth University franchise and validation partners. It does not include the Falmouth Flexible courses offered in partnership with CEG.
Relationship with Academic Partnerships Manager (APM)
- We will provide a copy of the service statement and a face-to-face overview of the services to all new APMs.
- We will provide an annual update to APMs to help them answer enquiries.
- We will help APMs to answer enquiries from partners where they fall within the service offer listed below.
Partner quality standards and best practice sharing
- We will support Falmouth University during the approval process for new partners by auditing the Student Services and Library Services provided by these partners and making recommendations.
- We provide limited best practice advice on areas of professional expertise, on request, via the APM, including:
- English for Academic Purposes support and assessment
- Study Skills support
- Disability support, reasonable adjustments and DSA (Disabled Students’ Allowance)
- SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulties) support, funding and strategies
- Digital accessibility and inclusion
- Library resources, services and suppliers and copyright
- Student Support (Wellbeing and Living Support)
- Chaplaincy and pastoral support and faith-related facilities
- We are only able to provide advice within UK legislation. Partners based overseas will be subject to alternative legislation and will need to seek advice from elsewhere.
Online Library Access - Franchise Partners
- Online Library resources are available to Franchise Partners. Restrictions apply based on copyright legislation, licences and publisher agreements, and are subject to change without notice.
|Services||UK based||Overseas based|
|Library Search – access to e-books, journals and other content||Yes – limited by agreements||Yes – limited by agreements|
|Streamed video content (BoB and LibPlayer)||Yes||No|
- In order to access the services listed in the table above, partner students and staff will be provided with a Falmouth University login, which is managed by FX Plus IT Services.
- In order to support Partners to access the above:
- We will provide information updates regarding major changes to Library resources and systems to the APMs, to forward to relevant staff in the Partner institutions.
- We will provide self-help materials for students and staff about using our library resources.
- Library resources are limited to those which have been purchased by Falmouth University. We do not purchase or provide platforms for library resources on behalf of a Partner.
Online Library Access - Validation Partners
- Validation partners do not have access to online library resources.
Services to teaching staff, researchers and students
- We do not provide any support services directly to teaching staff, researchers or students of the Partner institutions beyond those listed above. It is assumed that Partners have a robust infrastructure to support students’ welfare and academic support needs.
- Partner institution staff and students may access our self-help materials where these are available on public websites:
- Support functions within these websites, or other FX Plus websites, such as 1:1 appointments, email or live chat are not available to students or staff at franchise or validation Partner organisations.