How do I interrupt or withdraw from my course? (University of Exeter)

If you want to withdraw or interrupt from the University, you will need to: 

See your tutor at your College or the Penryn Info Point team to discuss your options before starting the process of withdrawal or interruption. 

You will then either be directed to complete the form through SID Online, or a College administrator can go through the form with you in person or over the phone if you prefer.  

Please make sure you select the proposed date of withdrawal. This must be agreed between yourself and the college. 

If you are an International student on a Tier 4 student visa, you will need to see an International student support advisor. Please make an appointment by emailing

If you are in University Accommodation, the accommodation team will update the online Withdrawal form to let you know about moving out and terminating your contract. For more information please contact

Once the online form has been approved by the Associate Dean for Education or nominated delegate (and the International Support Team/Accommodation if necessary), it will be passed on to our Student records team who will complete the process and send you an email to confirm. If relevant, the University will notify the Student Loans Company of your withdrawal. 

Please return your UniCard to the Info Point desk in the Peter Lanyon Building. 

Please be aware that there may be serious financial implications if you withdraw from your studies at the University of Exeter. You are strongly advised to consult the Student Union advice team before completing a withdrawal form. You can make an appointment with them on 01326 255861 or 


Related Pages