Table of Contents
- Persistent cookies on the Falmouth Exeter Plus website
- Google Analytics
- Session cookies on the Falmouth Exeter Plus website
- Changing your cookie settings
- More information
A cookie is a small piece of data that is placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are used in order to make websites work, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Below, we have explained the cookies we use and why.
On this website, we use two different types of cookie to enhance your experience.
Persistent cookies: these remain on a user’s device after they exit their browser and until the cookie’s specified expiration date, unless deleted earlier by the user. They are activated each time a user visits the website that generated the cookie.
Session cookies: these last for the duration of the user’s browser session and are deleted when the user exits the browser.
2. Persistent cookies on the Falmouth Exeter Plus website
- library_cookiecontrol, ccShowCookieIcon: these cookies are used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on the Falmouth Exeter Plus website. Where users have previously indicated a preference, that user’s preference will be stored in this cookie.
3. Google Analytics
- _ga: this cookie is used to distinguish users and has an expiration of 2-years.
- _gat: this cookie is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites and has an expiration of 2 years.
- _gid: this cookie is used to distinguish users and has an expiration of 24-hours.
4. Session cookies on the Falmouth Exeter Plus website
5. Changing your cookie settings
Each browser has different settings allowing a user to change their cookie preferences. You can block or remove cookies by changing the settings of your browser. These changes will apply to all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies from certain sites).
To find out more, please use the following links to relevant pages for some common browsers.
- ● Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- ● Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- ● Safari https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_GB
- ● Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
6. More information
Information on cookies can be found on the ICO website [add hyperlink that opens in a new tab: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/