Table of Contents
1. Application and Allocation Policy
University of Exeter Application and Allocation Policy 2022/23
The Accommodation Office manages the application and offer process for university owned, managed and approved accommodation. Any accommodation guarantees, or priorities, only apply to first year applicants securing accommodation from the start of the academic year in September 2022.
- To be eligible to apply for accommodation you must have firmly accepted a full-time course offer with the University of Exeter (Cornwall Campus) as your first choice.
- You are unable to apply for accommodation if you have not accepted a place to study with University of Exeter (Cornwall Campus), or if it is your insurance choice.
- Guarantee of Accommodation
- We guarantee an offer of university owned, managed, or approved accommodation for all first-year undergraduate students, including incoming Study Abroad students based at the Penryn Campus for the full academic year, and international postgraduate students who submit an application by the deadline date of 31st July 2022.
- If you miss the guarantee deadline you can still apply; however, we are unable to guarantee you will receive an offer of accommodation.
- Accommodation Options
|Glasney Student Village, Penryn Campus||En-suite, self-catered/catered Shared Studybed en-suite||704 20 (40 bed spaces) – Request in application notes|
|The Sidings, Penryn||Standard en-suite Medium en-suite Large en-suite Studio||107 5 – Request in application notes 2 – Request in application notes 3 – Request in application notes|
- Room types with a limited number of rooms available are not listed as an option on the application. If you want to be considered for one of these (e.g. a large en-suite at The Sidings), please rank this in the Notes section of the application and it will be treated as a preference on your application. We cannot guarantee availability for room types that are requested in the ‘Notes’ section of the application and the request will be processed and allocated in accordance with this policy.
- We do have other halls of residences in Penryn and Falmouth, and these options are predominantly allocated to Falmouth University students. They can be requested on your application in the Notes section. We cannot guarantee an offer for these alternative options of accommodation.
- Application Process
- Applications for accommodation open at 12:00pm on Monday 4th April 2022 through our online booking system, Room Service. We cannot accept applications by phone or e-mail.
- Applicants who hold either a conditional firm or unconditional firm place with the University of Exeter can apply from this date. This includes applicants who have deferred from a previous year.
- You do not need to apply on the date applications open. The date and time of the application is not considered as part of the allocation process if you apply within the ballot period (see point 5). However, we will process applications and allocate rooms at the end of each month during the ballot period.
- You are required to submit the application yourself as there is important information you need to read and to ensure that your accommodation and living preferences are correct as they cannot be changed once an application is submitted.
- As part of your accommodation application, you will be required to rank all 3 accommodation options in order of preference. Each room type counts as an option. Ensure that you list where you would like to live in order of preference as we will work through your options in order.
- A proportion of flats at each of our residences are allocated as ‘quiet’ or ‘single gender’, and these living preferences can be selected on your application form. We are unable to guarantee these preferences.
- Students with a disability or health condition
- If you have a disability or health condition that requires special consideration or adjustment with regards to the provision of accommodation, please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in the ‘Accessibility Questionnaire’ section at the end of the application. You will be required to provide supporting medical evidence to the Accessibility Team to support your condition and request. The Accessibility Team will review your case to ensure you have support in place where necessary and liaise with the Accommodation Team regarding any accommodation needs that they have approved. If you do not complete the questionnaire and provide evidence, we will be unaware of your needs and unable to consider any requirements you may have.
- We endeavour to make reasonable adjustments to support individuals who, due to a disability, long-term medical condition or sensory or physical impairment require adapted accommodation. We are unable to guarantee we can offer of suitable accommodation as this is subject to availability.
- International Postgraduate Students
- Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We are unable to guarantee an offer of accommodation for UK postgraduate students.
- Care Leavers and Estranged Students
- We guarantee an offer of accommodation for a period of up to 52 weeks. Your initial allocation will be for a period of residence of 40 weeks. For the summer period you will need to enter into a new agreement and will be required to move rooms. We can only offer summer accommodation at Glasney Student Village.
- Under 18s
- Students under the age of 18 will apply for accommodation on Room Service in the same way as all other students.
- If you will be under the age of 18 when your accommodation agreement is due to start you will only be offered accommodation at Glasney Student Village, Penryn Campus. This accommodation is located close to Glasney Lodge, ensuring support is always close by. You can choose either a self-catered or catered contract.
- At the time you turn 18 you may request to move within Glasney Student Village, or to another residence if preferred, dependent on availability. You will be required to enter into a new accommodation agreement if the room type is different.
4.10.4 We aim to allocate students under the age of 18 with students of the same age. Where this is not possible, students aged 18 or over may also be allocated to the same accommodation.
Applications submitted between 12:00pm on Monday 4th April and 5:00pm on Sunday 31st July will be processed through a ballot.
- At the end of each month during the ballot period, Room Service will randomly generate the order in which applications received during that month are allocated. If your first preference is not available, we will then allocate you the next available preference. You will not be able to change your preferences once your application is submitted.
- Applications submitted after 31st July will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis for remaining accommodation options.
- You will be allocated to one of your accommodation preferences. Availability will depend on the popularity of accommodation options and the number of applicants who apply during the ballot period.
- We allocate rooms based on:
- Room type preference
- Availability – if your first preference is not available you will be allocated the next available preference on your application
- University – some students will be allocated to residences where the flats contain a mix of students from both the University of Exeter and Falmouth University
- Student type
- Course – we aim to allocate students on a variety of courses in flats
- Age – we aim to allocate mature students together
- Living preferences
- Medical requirements
- Additional preferences – you can add preferences in the Notes section of the application, e.g. top floor. Please state the reason you have requested this preference
- We are unable to guarantee that your allocation will meet all your living preferences or
additional preferences but endeavour to allocate based on your application preferences.
- We have a limited number of international postgraduate accommodation at Glasney Student Village and The Sidings. Postgraduate students will be allocated based on the date and time of their application. Wherever possible you will be allocated to a flat that is reserved for postgraduate and mature students. We reserve the right to allocate postgraduate students to any available room in any hall of residence if required; however, every endeavour will be made to allocate postgraduate students together.
- We do not allocate friends in the same flat but may consider allocating friends in a shared room together. You should list their name in the ‘Notes’ section of your application. The friend you want to share with must also submit their own application and include your name in the ‘Notes’ section. We will only allocate people of the same gender and similar age together in a shared room.
- We do not offer accommodation for couples or families and cannot allocate couples together in a shared room or flat.
- You will receive confirmation of your room allocation when you collect your keys on arrival. We are unable to confirm this when you receive your offer of accommodation as it may change. The room type you have been allocated will be detailed on your room offer and this will not change.
- Offer of Accommodation
- An offer of accommodation will be made to undergraduate students throughout summer which will be subject to meeting the conditions of their academic offer. Students who do not meet their course requirements will have their accommodation offer withdrawn and deposit refunded.
- You must accept the offer of accommodation yourself and not have someone do this on your behalf as you are agreeing to a legally binding contract.
- Offers will be sent out in batches and in no particular order within the stated time frame.
- Any pre-existing medical condition disclosed after the allocation has taken place may not be considered. If the offer of accommodation is not suitable because we were not aware of requirements, we cannot guarantee an alternative offer can be made. If any new medical condition occurs after the allocation has taken place, applicants should contact the Accommodation Office as soon as possible to discuss options.
- If you reject an offer of accommodation an alternative offer will not be made. A new application can be submitted, but we cannot guarantee a new offer as this will be subject to availability.
- When an offer of accommodation is made an email will be sent to the applicant with details of how to view and accept the offer.
- Accepting your offer – Glasney Student Village
- As part of accepting the offer you will be required to confirm you agree to the terms of the accommodation agreement and pay a £300 security deposit. Under the agreement you are required to provide details of a guarantor. Once you have accepted your part of the offer your guarantor will then be sent a legally binding agreement which must be accepted before your offer of accommodation is fully confirmed. If you are not able to provide a financial guarantor, please contact the Accommodation Office.
- You will have 5 days to accept your offer on Room Service and pay the £300 security deposit. Check your offer carefully and ensure that you read all the information before accepting the agreement.
- After you have accepted your offer your guarantor will have 5 days to accept the guarantor agreement. Your agreement will not be confirmed until the guarantor documents have been returned and approved.
- If you or your guarantor miss the deadline your room offer will be withdrawn, and you will need to submit a new application if you still require accommodation. We cannot guarantee a new offer as this will be subject to availability.
- University Approved Accommodation
- If you are offered accommodation at The Sidings the above offer process does not apply to you as you will not accept your offer on Room Service. We will allocate your room and pass the details on your application to CRM Students which manages the site. You will receive an email from the Accommodation Office confirming your allocation and this will provide you with details of how to complete your booking with CRM Students.
- Your accommodation agreement will not be with Falmouth Exeter Plus. You will be required to accept the contract and pay the deposit using CRM’s online system. You will be required to pay four weeks rent in advance prior to the start of the contract.