Procurement makes up approximately 61% of our total emission profile. This includes activities such as construction and refurbishment, paper/printing, food/catering, pharmaceuticals, electrical equipment etc.
Our Procurement Team have integrating sustainability into its operations for years and continues to integrate an all-encompassing approach to meet our carbon targets. They are therefore committed to embedding sustainable procurement thinking, processes, and products, supporting and contributing to the wider FX Plus Sustainability Policy & Strategy.
- Mandatory sustainability questionnaire and a minimum of 5% evaluation scoring criteria introduced in all tenders from September 2020.
- Suppliers are asked to provide a 5-year carbon emission strategy to be monitored as part of their quarterly KPI supplier review meeting.
- All key existing suppliers are to be registered onto Net Positives tool kit by January 2021. All new suppliers to register onto Net Positives tool kit as part of the supplier set-up and on-boarding process.
- HEPA Procurement Sustainability training to be introduced from January 2021 for all staff.
- Phase one of carbon emission reporting to be introduced via Greenstone platform.
- Supplier gap analysis and action plan created to support and develop supplier sustainability growth.
- Responsible Procurement Sustainability Policy updated to reflect new objectives.
- Review the environmental risks associated with products and services and target the high-risk and high-expenditure commodities.
- Encourage all members of staff to question the need for new items, the quantity purchased, and to consider alternative solutions such as reuse, rental and sharing resources so that specifications are functional and not over-specified.
- Consider opportunities, within commodity acquisition strategies, for products that are made from recycled materials and/or recyclable.
- Reduce the use of conflict minerals by encouraging IT & electronics suppliers to ensure conflict-free supply chains and prioritising suppliers that are doing more to track their supply chains.
- Ensure the results of sustainable procurement activities are measured and reported to all relevant stakeholders.